Fire Insurance
isometric help

Fire Insurance

Do all banks in Hong Kong accept OneDegree Fire Insurance?

A number of HSBC, Bank of China, Standard Chartered and The Bank of East Asia mortgage customers have successfully switched their fire insurance coverage to OneDegree. We are actively expanding our bank network. If you're interested in OneDegree Fire Insurance, but your mortgage lender is not one of 3 banks mentioned above, please leave us your contact info here and we'll get in touch if we can cover your property.

Can I choose the effective date for my policy?

The default policy start date is set to be 28 days after your purchase. If you would like a specific policy start date, please email us at and advise on the desired policy start date.

How much does a fire insurance policy cost?

Annual policy premiums range from 0.03% to 0.15% of your Sum Insured, depending on your insurer's terms. For example, for a policy with HKD 6,000,000 Sum Insured, you may pay between HKD 1,800 and HKD 9,000 each year. OneDegree offers a Best Price Guarantee on our 0.03% premium rate.  If you find a better rate elsewhere, we’ll match it! Get a quote for your property here.

What is the minimum and maximum Sum Insured?

We accept Sum Insured from HKD 500,000 to HKD 50,000,000. Please refer to this FAQ for more on Sum Insured: How do I determine the Sum Insured for my policy?

Is there any exclusion?

We don’t cover you for: - War and related perils - Fire and explosion if it results from an earthquake, volcanic eruption or other natural disaster (unless otherwise specified in Policy Schedule) - Spontaneous fermentation or heating of any part of your property or any damage resulting from the application of heat - Riot, civil commotion, strikers or locked out workers (unless otherwise specified in Policy Schedule) - Theft during or after a fire - Damage to any electrical machine or apparatus arising from its own over running, excessive pressure, short circuiting, self heating , arcing or leakage of electricity - Damage to a property covered by another insurance policy - Goods held in trust or on commission (unless you are legally liable for them) - Consequential loss or damage of any kind or description   For more details, refer to our insurance policy wording.

Still can't find what you're looking for?
You may contact us via the live chat button at the bottom right corner or click here.