OneDegree HKOneDegree HK
Hi, how can we help you?
isometric helpisometric help

I already have a fire insurance policy, do I still need a home Insurance policy?

Last updated on: November 3, 2022
Fire Insurance and home Insurance are different, but complementary. Home Insurance covers the content in your home, such as furniture, fixtures and fittings, clothing, household goods, personal effects, valuables and interior decorations.
It also provides coverage over third-party liabilities, protecting you in the event that you or your family member becomes legally responsible for others’ bodily injury or property damage, as an owner, occupier of your home and as a private individual.

Fire Insurance covers the building structure, including walls, windows, ceiling, floor, pipes and the property's original fixtures and fittings. When these are damaged by fire, typhoons/windstorms, explosions, or other covered events, your fire policy will help cover the repair costs.

Having both types of insurance will give your home comprehensive protection.
Still can't find what you're looking for?
You may contact us via the at the bottom right corner or click here.