By continuing using this Website you have unconditionally acknowledged and agreed to all the terms specified in these Terms. If you do not agree with any of them, you should immediately stop using the Website. Moreover, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Website and your personal account in case of reasonable suspicion of your breach of these Terms without prior notice.
We reserve our right to amend, modify or replace any of these Terms from time to time. We will post the latest version of the Terms on the Website. Once they are posted, they become immediately effective. Upon your continued access and use of this Website, you will have unconditionally acknowledged and agreed to the latest version of the Terms.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Our Website holds information about insurance products (each a “Product” and together the “Products”). Please read in detail the terms and conditions specified in the Declaration and Authorisation Statement, Personal Information Collection Statement and policy wording we provide you at the checkout page, which are specific to each Product. Terms in those documents prevail over all other information on the Website.
After you have successfully purchased any Product for the first time, you must register with an individual account (an “Account”). After registration, you can see and manage your purchased Products in your Account.
When you register for the Account you will be asked to create a password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are responsible for all activities and orders that occur under your password. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else or if the password is being used in an unauthorized manner.
1. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations while browsing the Website.
2. You will not use the Website in any way to interrupt or impair our operations, including but not limited to:
- attempting to access other users’ accounts
- trying to penetrate any security measures; and/or
- imposing an unreasonably large amount of burden on our system
3. You will take necessary precautions to ensure that anything you offer to us (e.g. document uploads) is free from viruses, spyware, malicious software or anything that may harm our technological infrastructure.
4. You warrant that all information and details provided to us are true, accurate, complete and updated in all respects. If such information changes at any time, you will update us as soon as practicable.
All content (including images, illustrations, and text), material and information on this Website belong to OneDegree and are protected by copyright or intellectual property law. You must not alter, copy, modify, adapt or reverse-engineer any part of this Website for commercial or public use unless you have written consent from us.
Although we aim to offer the best service possible, we make no promise that the service on the Website will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs in the service, you should report it to us and we will attempt to correct the fault.
Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services.
We cannot guarantee that the Website is compatible with all browsers and all kinds of devices.
The use of Website is at your sole responsibility and risk. We shall not be liable for loss or harm you may suffer from using this Website.
The information and materials contained in or accessed through this website are provided on the basis they are available and for use only in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("HKSAR"). By accessing this website and/or using the online services, you agree that such access and/or use, as well as these Terms are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the HKSAR and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the HKSAR.
- With your express consent, OneDegree may save your credit card information to your account when you enter such information for the first time and may automatically fill in relevant information in your future purchase. You may be asked whether you would like to save your credit card information each time you enter a new credit card information. Information relating to electronic transactions entered via OneDegree website and/or personal account shall be protected by encryption technology. OneDegree utilizes third party payment gateway provided by Stripe.
- If you allow others to log into your OneDegree account, it will be considered as an authorization for them to use the stored credit card information in your account. Therefore, unauthorized transaction terms will not apply.
- OneDegree would send you a one-time password to your registered email address for you to log into your OneDegree personal account. If you consent to store credit card information in your OneDegree personal account, you are responsible for ensuring that:
a). You do not share your email address with others, meaning it is for your exclusive use only.
b). You should treat your bank password and email password with the same level of care, including:
i). Not disclosing the password to others.
ii). Not using easily guessable passwords, such as your date of birth or identifiable parts of your name.
iii). Not to leak or disclose your password by reason of grossly negligent conduct or omission.