Kitties may be purrfectly content indoors, but daily walks are a must for pooches. Mid to large-sized dogs, in particular, require a good amount of exercise on a regular basis in order to stay healthy and happy. In Hong Kong, transporting your four-legged friend to a pet -friendly park in another neighborhood is no easy task. The good news is that more than 30 new park facilities have been opened up for pets starting this month! That’s in addition to the 6 parks that allowed pets under the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD)’s “Inclusive Park for Pets” trial scheme launched in 2019, which now are permanent dog-friendly venues. Most of the parks are open 24 hours* a day, so you and your furry friend can visit at your convenience. Read on for the full list of pet-inclusive parks in Hong Kong!
1. Victoria Peak Garden, Central and Western District (Victoria Peak)
2. Kai Tak Runway Park, Kowloon City (Kai Tak Cruise Terminal)
3. Shing Mun River Promenade Garden No. 3, Shatin (near the New Territories Fire Command Headquarters)
4. Tai Wo Hau Road Playground, Kwai Tsing (near Kwai Hing MTR station)
5. Wang Yip Street South Rest Garden, Yuen Long (near Long Ping MTR station)
6. Tong Yam Street Hillside Sitting-out Area, Sham Shui Po (near Tai Hang Tung Recreation Ground)